Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Dirt Trackin'



So the other day we go to see some rrrracin' at the dirt track in Skagit, WA, about an hour and a half north of Seattle. I've seen a few sprint cars before, but nothing like this! This was the last night of a three-day sprint car event (the name escapes me) where the winner will be crowned at the end of the final heat. It was definitely interesting to watch. For some reason, I never found myself watching the leader, I always followed one of the cars in the back, seeing how he would respond to being so far behind. Meaning, would he change his lines, or would he just mosey about and play some strategy? Who wants to watch the leader anyway?

The cool thing about this race was that Kasey Kahne won it in 2002 and 2003 which propelled him into the Nascar Bush Series, and eventually Nextel Cup. Awesome. Oh and a crappy tasteless cheeseburger was $5. Yay.

By the end of the night, we were all covered in dust from the cars averaging 95-100 miles an hour on the 3/10 mile track (yea we figured it out mathematically because we're awesome!). I left with only one thing on my mind...

I WANT ONE!

No comments: