Monday, March 27, 2006

New Computer!
















Well, today I recieved my first laptop from Dell. So far, its working flawlessly, except I hate when you buy a new computer and all the AOL junk and other pointless software is bundled in as well. It takes a little while, but most of that stuff can be weeded out. I'm actually using my old mouse for when I'm at home, just becuase it's easier, and when I head out I'll stick with the touchpad.

The new AOL IM I downloaded is really bulky, a lot of junk that nobody would ever use. I just want to be able to talk to my friends, and get on with life. Who needs to voice chat and check their e-mail while they're IMing? Not me.

I have noticed the huge difference between my old computer and this one, I can actually do many different things at once! Listen to music, download, and update my blog at the same time! The only issue I have with laptops is that once you go from AC power, the screen dimms to save energy. Although I believe there is some way to change that, for now I'll leave it.

It also took me a while to figure out how to configure XP to how I had my old Windows, meaning I have my taskbar at the top, Mac-style, no icons on the desktop, and toolbars on the side and bottom. I know people think that it's a strange way to layout a desktop, but I don't like clutter, so I eliminate all the icons. Anyway, enough ranting.


No comments: