Monday, November 19, 2007

Music I'm Into - Winter '07



If, for some reason, you want to motivate yourself to be as cool as me (I understand), I'm offering a small glimpse into the world of Derek Bigelow, Music Connoisseur. Here is my list of my favorite bands at the moment (in order of awesomeness):


Altough Fujiya and Miyagi may be a bit out of my ordinary listening style, let me just say that I'm always up for some nice beats. But I still mostly prefer listening to grungy, hard, rock. Flight of the Conchords are just plain funny, as well as able to bring the coveted funk.

Honorable mentions (you should also check them out):

Hot Chip
Death Cab for Cutie
The Warlocks
The Beatles
The Shins

I tend to go for softer stuff in the winter like Death Cab for Cutie for some reason, don't ask me why. My musical tastes change according to the season, anyone else suffer from this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Queens of the Stone Age - OH yes!
The White Stripes - Good choice!
The Flight of the Conchords - LOVE THEM!

Must check out the other two. I like your Honorable Mentions as well. I should do a similar post on my own blog. See, you've gone and inspired me!

I also suffer from a similar affliction, though perhaps not to such a degree. For instance, The Beach Boys are only appropriate in the summer months (even their Christmas flavor). On the other hand, German Beer Drinking Music and Polka are year round joys of mine and need not be unleashed only during Octoberfest.